It is unlawful for any person to permit any junked vehicle to be left upon any street, highway, public property or, being the owner or tenant in possession of any real property in the Town, to cause or permit any junked vehicle to be put upon or kept upon any real property in the Town, except that this Section shall not apply to the following conditions, which shall constitute an affirmative defense:
(1) The vehicle is located upon the premises of a lawfully zoned vehicle repair or vehicle storage business.
(2) The vehicle is stored within a completely enclosed structure.
(3) A maximum of one (1) vehicle per lot or parcel of real property shall be permitted provided that:
(a) The vehicle is covered with a one-piece opaque heavy tarp or commercial car cover that covers the entire vehicle and is securely fastened at all times; and
(b) The vehicle is parked in the rear yard or in the driveway of said property.
(4) In nonresidential areas, said vehicle is screened by a concealing fence not less than six (6) feet in height and otherwise complying with Town ordinances applicable to such fence, rendering the vehicle not visible to persons on adjacent private or public property to the extent that such concealment can be reasonably obtained under the conditions of topography and other attendant circumstances.
(5) A maximum of one (1) vehicle per lot or parcel of real property is permitted if the vehicle is currently undergoing repair or is awaiting the settlement of an insurance claim, provided that the vehicle is removed or brought into compliance within ninety (90) days. (Ord. 309 §11-501 2, 1977; Ord. 453 §2, 1997; Ord. 704 §1, 2003; Ord. 720 §1, 2004)